[TenTec] Corsair II

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 03:02:45 +0000
On the CII, key and key out (or maybe it is key and key in) are the same thing as tx en and tx out on the later rigs, i.e. this is the amp keying loop and has nothing to do with the keyer. if you don't have an amp you should have a jumper between them.

I think mine had the fluctuating last digit on the display also. I always figured the PTO was not super stable. a little of this is normal in ham rigs from the pre-xtal oven, tcxo, microprocessor clock days. You just have to modify your routine. arrive home, turn it on first, then do your chores and by the time you are done it should be settled down some. if you go back far enough, there were a few guys in the tube boat anchor days who solved the stability warm-up problem by never turning anything off.

rob/k5uj