RE: [TenTec] Two week observations

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Two week observations
From: "Sherman Banks" <w4atl@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:07:03 -0400
> 3. Clicks and thumps between words and elements in QSK.

I thought I was the only one that noticed this.  I used the Orion that was
reviewed by the ARRL and popping was very audible in the speaker while using
CW - QSK or no QSK.  However, the Orion I own does not have any popping in
the audio.  The QSK is smooth - just like I would expect from any high end
radio.

I thought that it might have been the version of the firmware or the
hardware, since the Orion I now own is a later model that I just received
about 2 months ago. But I'm not sure, since I did not note the firmware
version of the first radio.

The ARRL did not note any popping in the review.