[TenTec] Jupiter Auto-Tuner questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter Auto-Tuner questions
From: "Peg Zminda" <peg_z@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:13:49 -0400
I have a Jupiter on order without the auto-antenna tuner. I notice that the
list price is $209 for the tuner alone to install yourself, but the
installed price is $299 on a new radio purchase. This seems steep to me for
a factory install. I had planned to buy the tuner at a later time and
install it myself. Is it a particularly difficult install due to tight
clearances or major disassembly required? Any comments on the install and
the factory install price?

Also, does the auto-tuner work well and is it a worthwhile addition to the
Jupiter? I currently use a Ten-Tec 291 manual tuner with a Butternut
vertical and generally need to adjust for any large movement within a band.

Thanks,

Phil N3ZP