Re: [TenTec] jupiter tx / ft920 rx

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] jupiter tx / ft920 rx
From: jerome schatten <romers@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:04:38 -0700
Thanks Mark... this looks like precisely what would solve the problem. I did
this kind of mod on my old TS-530, long ago, feeding the rx antenna to an
R71a to make use of the R71's rtty and cw filters.

Two questions: 1. Would I not have to put a spdt switch in that line to keep
from feeding the sig to both receivers at the same time?  2.) when you refer
to the 'gotcha', do you mean if the jupe and the 920 are on different bands?
If so, that wouldn't be a problem for me as I rarely have had occasion to do
crossband work. Mostly, I'm running cw with the rx and tx on the same band
at power levels of around 50w.

73' Jerome - VA7VV