[TenTec] 920/jupe -- final

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] 920/jupe -- final
From: jerome schatten <romers@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 21:11:56 -0700
Hi Mark...

Just to let you know that I made the mod you suggested and it works very
nicely in most respects. There was only a very slight drop in signal (by
ear) with the two receivers connected, so that was not a problem. The leak
through signal from the jupe transmitting is indeed large, but not ugly;
that is, the agc in the 920 takes care of it nicely even though on the
higher bands the signal is S9+40. Thus I am able to monitor the Jupe's music
in fine style on the 920.

As one might suspect, the recovery time of the 920 given the signal strength
of the jupe's tx signal precludes hearing the 920 between dits, but still it
is more than useful for my purposes as it recovers fast enough between
words. All in all 9/10.

Thanks again for your help
Jerome - VA7VV