Re: [TenTec] Why N1MM does not support the Tentec file interface

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Why N1MM does not support the Tentec file interface
From: "Simon Brown, HB9DRV" <simon@hb9drv.ch>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:52:18 +0200
It's a shame that somebody (not me) hasn't defined an interchange
specification between the types of software that we use. Some use DDE on
Windows, others N4PY's virtual COM port solution.

A common gateway would be a big advantage, and I think that were a
non-complex solution to be proposed then it would be taken up quite quickly.

I have ideas myself in this area, not just for programs by N4PY and N1MM to
work together but also for programs on computers in a LAN to work together.
For example one person could be spotting and the spots come through to the
other members of the LAN.

A Logbook could ask the LAN for a list of available rig control programs and
visa versa. I doubt if there is enough demand in the 'commercial' Ham
software market, and those who write free code have probably got their hands
full anyway - I know I do.

Not rocket science, not difficult, not being written by me in 2004 either
:-)

Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch