Re: [TenTec] Re Please tell me about the TT Omni VI+

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re Please tell me about the TT Omni VI+
From: "Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales" <sales@tentec.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:51:44 -0400
One more point, now that I've had a few more minutes to think about this.

> >>Icom rigs and sending email from the company's mail server to the "offending" station, being sure to mention the brand and > model of the Icom rig. I know this because I got one of his emails. I will not bother denying that the rig has clicks <<<

You're making a presumption that I have a bias against other manufacturers or other companies involved in the amateur radio industry - a presumption that is not correct. I have a bias *for* our equipment - which is a given.

I had a nice conversation, in person, with Ray Novak - who is Icom's national sales manager - at the W9DXCC convention in Chicago two weeks ago. I've known Ray since he was "MFJ Ray" working for Martin Jue in Mississippi and I was still with Ham Radio Outlet in Atlanta. Early 1990's. Ray and I are both presently on the ARRL IAC as well with a number of other ham industry people.

I gave a presentation about the Orion and DX receiver performance at W9DXCC where I specifically pointed out who was doing what correctly - that included several references specifically about Icom and roofing filters a la the IC7800. Ray was there to hear it - I'm sure you can look him up somewhere and ask him what I said. There's a couple hundred other people that were in attendance that could tell you the same thing.

The nature of the conversation that Ray and I was both of us lamenting that no matter what you do in amateur radio, there is always going to be someone laying in wait to let you have it over the Internet. We both shared a laugh over that.

73
Scott Robbins
W4PA

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4. Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs. Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>
Email: New product sales/product info sales@tentec.com
Service department service@tentec.com
While we make every effort to answer email in an expedient manner,
the telephone is a much more efficient tool for getting a quicker and
more complete answer to your inquiries. Thanks!