[TenTec] Heil Mics and Jupiter

To: TenTec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Heil Mics and Jupiter
From: Scott Portz <n0yi@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:13:10 -0700 (PDT)
I purchased a Heil Studio One for my Jupiter and have had great reviews from
QSO?s, but I have noticed I have to keep the mic gain up around 85% to barley
kick the ALC, almost 90% if I put on the windsock. I also have the "Heil Line"
cable for the Ten- Tec purchased directly from Heil. Should I worry?

Current config:

TX bandwidth: 2700

TX roll-off: 300

No Processor

When I had the Ten-Tec 705 Mic, I kept mic gain around 25%.

BTW: Can barely hear any output from Monitor settings. Side tone okay.

Any suggestions, comments or configuration help would be greatly appreciated.

De N0YI

-Scott