RE: [TenTec] Re: Orion and SteppIr

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Re: Orion and SteppIr
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:15:42 -0500
I just got a 4-el SteppIR, too, and it works fine with the Orion and WL.

First, make sure WL works with the Orion with just a plain cable. The AUTO
baud feature works fine with the Orion -- you shouldn't have to edit the ini
file. Once WL and the Orion are talking, connect the SteppIR Y cable. Make
sure you have the cable plugged in correctly. I have one half of the Y going
to the computer and the other half of the Y going to the Orion. The
connector at the long end of the Y goes to the SteppIR. Plug in the Y
portion of the cable (Orion and PC), but don't plug in the SteppIR. Make
sure WL and the Orion are still communicating. Then, plug in the SteppIR. Go
to the Transceiver Setup menu. Make sure Mode is set to Orion and Baud is
set to 57600. Once the parameters are set and saved, turn off the SteppIR
controller and turn it back on. Select General mode and that should get
things going.

73, Dick WC1M