Re: [TenTec] TenTec and computer control input sought

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec and computer control input sought
From: "Mike N9IVO" <n9ivo@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 15:15:32 -0600
Hi John.

I use an Omni VI. It's hooked up to the computer with a standard serial cable.
For logging, I use N3FJP's AClog standard log program and also his contesting
software. The whole package of all his programs, including upgrades forever is
$40. The best bargain in ham radio. I'm just one very happy customer.

Anyway, the software reads frequency and mode from the radio for logging.
It makes things easier. AClog also allows connection to the cluster from within
the program. I don't use this feature as I use VE7CC's cluster software.
It's the best cluster program I've found so far.

I know that other logging programs are able to communicate with the omni also.

Mike N9IVO