[TenTec] RE: Orion / Pro II DSP Question...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Orion / Pro II DSP Question...
From: KD7EFQ@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 14:36:04 EST
Eric SENSI Wrote:
"You all, do you really think that this radio will be produced again in the
next 20 years ? Personally, I don't think so and this totally logical,
what's your personal opinion about that ?"

I suspect that Ten Tec will have to progress with Orion like they did with
the Omni Line, as technology progresses rapidly and parts go out of production.
I understand the "Dragonball" processor for the monochrome display has already
been discontinued by it's manufacturer, and a better color processor is being
used in PDA's now. Hopefully this will give Ten Tec the impetus to adopt a
color display in Orion Option 1, or Orion Plus.   :)

73, Todd - KT0DD - kd7efq@aol.com
"The race is over...THE RATS WON !"