Re: [TenTec] Switching between two Transverters on the Orion

To: k2xx@swva.net, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Switching between two Transverters on the Orion
From: Al Scanandoah <k2zn@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 05:53:40 +0800
Joe

I've got such a switching arrangement for my ancient Microwave Modules 50, 144, 222, and 432 transverters and haven't noticed any impact on performance.

I'm using a Corsair as the IF - the TX ouput is connected to the transverters via an attenuator and the RX is via the auxiliary antenna input. Certainly a different arrangement, but I don't belive that should matter.

Since the frequency being switched is in the 28 MHz range, you should be able to do fine with short runs of RG-174 and a good quality rotary switch.

73 - Al, K2ZN
Joe Giacobello wrote:
I have been using a DEMI 6M transverter with the Orion. Although I am having a minor problem with it, which may lie in the transverter and not the Orion, it is working quite well. I recently picked up a used DEMI 2M transverter and would like to be able to switch between the two. It would be necessary to switch three lines: RX IF, TX IF and the XVRTR KEY. Assuming I were to use coax for all the connections, are there any special precautions to observe regarding the switch type and wiring? Is such a switch advisable at all? In other words would I be taking a chance in compromising transverter receive performance?

I'd appreciate any input on these questions.

Tnanks and 73,

Joe
K2XX