Re: [TenTec] N4PY Orion Control Program Version 1.12 Released

To: eric.sensi@skynet.be, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] N4PY Orion Control Program Version 1.12 Released
From: jerome schatten <romers@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 09:26:48 -0800
Eric... On the basis of your post below, I downloaded HRD v.3, installed it
and played with it for the better part of the afternoon.  I could only test
it on my Jupiter with respect to the N4PY software which I've been using for
over a year.

I think HRD's two best features are: it's free, and it's bundled with a
superb PSK31 programme. The actual HRD control programme, I found was
somewhat cumbersome to use and feature sparse compared to N4PY's, especially
as regards CW, my favourite mode.

Anyway, thanks for bringing HRD back to my attention Eric -- it is a good
piece of software and it is free!  Free notwithstanding, I'm still pleased
to pay a small price to get a control programme that has many more (read
useful) features than the stand-alone hardware provides, rather than fewer
features for free.

Best,
Jerome - VA7VV - Vancouver

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric SENSI" <eric.sensi@skynet.be>