RE: [TenTec] QSK with QSK-5PC

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] QSK with QSK-5PC
From: <al_lorona@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:45:26 -0700

> Depends on the amplifier's relay close delay time, doesn't it?  That
> assumes you're using the QSK loop and the amp relay is keying
> the rig.
> So, in this case, it would be a fixed value depending on the
> individual
> amp.
>         73,  Duane

Hi, Duane. Well, you've got an interesting point. If it's a fixed value, then
as my CW speed increases, the relay delay time becomes a bigger and bigger
percentage of my inter-dit time, and at some speed that will cease to be QSK.

This brings up a point. Maybe a figure of merit for an amplifier would be the
maximum speed at which you can still hear in between dits.

I wonder which amp/rig combination is the fastest one out there right now? I
was hoping that the QSK aficionados would have already run through every amp on
the face of the earth and rated them according to this figure of merit.

Al  W6LX

TenTec mailing list