Re: [TenTec] Hi power Ten Tec ant tuner swr drift?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hi power Ten Tec ant tuner swr drift?
From: Al Scanandoah <k2zn@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:19:47 +0800
Depending upon how often the network has to tune an impedance with a very low R component, it may be worth the effort and expense to replace the ceramic disk caps with something more robust, like an HT-50 series doorknob component.

Back when I had my 229, I replaced a smoked cap (by previous owner) with a doorknob. I also attached a 1000 pF unit to the "auxiliary" cap terminal in order to be able to radiate *something* on 160 with my "cut to fit in the yard" 110' inverted vee.

Granted, I never ran over 100w, but never felt any evidence of component heating.

Al, 9V/K2ZN