[TenTec] Re: XP v. 98

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: XP v. 98
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:46:40 +0000
I still run win98 and have no probs & in fact, I have heard that because it is so old, it is more immune to hacker/worm/virus attacks now. Also, I have heard that with some of the ham software, you may need real DOS instead of the DOS emulator.

OTOH, I can heartily recommend dumping Internet Explorer and going to www.mozilla.org, and downloading the Firefox 1.0 browser. It installed easily on my ancient 9 year old win98 machine, cookies, bookmarks, history etc. moved over to it no problem, and it runs noticeably faster than IE, AND, no popups. If it works on my PC, it will probably work on anything newer.

TenTec mailing list