Re: [TenTec] Re: XP v. 98

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: XP v. 98
From: "Chuck Garney, KF4WQD" <cmgarney@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:54:32 -0500
I have to second that, I got sick of pop ups and spyware so started running mozilla on win98se. It works much better than IE and led me to look into Linux after I upgraded to a modern motherboard & amd2200xp processor. Had problems running win98 (lots of lockups) with the newer hardware and I did not like XP ($), so about a year ago got Mandrake Linux and love it. I have win98se running on old PC for those programs I got to keep and Linux on my newer Main PC.