[TenTec] Orion and Digital modes

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion and Digital modes
From: "Ed Cooper" <n6np@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 08:57:43 -0800
For NZ8J
I have been using the Orion with sound card and PSK31.  The software is
WinPSK the freeware version and the
Interface is a Rascal.  I also have a RigBlasterPro but can not seem to
get it to work with the Orion.  I also use the
Rascal with a FT1000MP with good results.  When using the Orion I run
just a little over 50% power (60 watts) and
If for only short periods up to 75 watts.  If you go any higher the rig
runs too hot.  I do not have the external fan on
the Orion.  I have also used it with a linear on 20 Mtr PSK31 with about
30 watts drive I can get about 300 to 400
watts out on PSK31 uising the TenTec Centurion Linear.  Can run all day
at that level with no excessive heating.
Ed Cooper N6NP
TenTec mailing list