RE: [TenTec] Omni-C vs. Corsair vs. Omni VI+ - which one to keep?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Omni-C vs. Corsair vs. Omni VI+ - which one to keep?
From: "WF2U" <wf2u@starband.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:03:30 -0500
Thanks to all who replied and gave their opinions.

I think I may just keep the Omni-C for a backup rig to the Omni VI. On the
other hand, I may keep the Corsair as well - I like it too! The only thing I
may do IF I keep the Corsair (I don't have the original power supply and
remote VFO for it, so I'll be on the quest to find the power supply and the
VFO), is to upgrade it to a Corsair II, with the VFO and the power supply.
This will give me a nice T-T theme park in my shack ;-)). OTOH, I don't know
whether the additional features in the Corsair II are really worth the
expense. The built-in keyer is really not important. I prefer a straight key
or a bug anyway...

73, Meir WF2U
Landrum, SC