RE: [TenTec] scratch pad feature in Omni VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] scratch pad feature in Omni VI
From: "John L Merrill" <jmerrill1@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:10:51 -0500
That's the way it is.

John N1JM

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces@contesting.com
[mailto:tentec-bounces@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Paul DeWitte K9OT
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2004 1:20 AM
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] scratch pad feature in Omni VI

I have never used the memory or scratch pad features in my Omni VI+. Tonight
I decided to try out the scratch pad.
I stored a frequency in the scratch pad and then moved to a different
frequency. I pushed  m>vfo and brought up the frequency that I stored. Up to
now all is well and good.
Lets assume that the frequency in the scratch pad is a DX station that I
want to monitor and try to get when the time is right. The frequency that I
moved to is one that I am calling CQ. So when I go to the scratch pad freq I
want to return to my CQ frequency.
Other than turning the VFO to get back to the CQ frequency,  I have not
figured out how to return.  Is there something that I am missing here?
If there is not a quick return path, this is totally useless.
Does anyone use this fearure?  I know that I can do this using VFO A and VFO
B but that should not  have to be the way to do it.

Thanks 73 Paul K9OT