Re: [TenTec] Orion Firmwares

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Firmwares
From: w4tje <w4tje@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 20:06:12 -0500
After upgrading my Orion with 1.372, I noticed that under the cw menu setting, there's now a new heading, " Keyer Mode".
At least I do not remember seeing this with 1.371.
Can anyone tell me what this means?
Also, the pdf file for the upgrade lists only a change to the rf gain for 1.372.
Are there any other changes that others have found?
It was my understanding that 1.372 would focus on cw upgrades, but there is no mention of this in the pdf file.
Also, after upgrading, I noticed that my cw proficiency has not improved. And, I have not been able to work the Andaman Island dxpedition. Can I blame these deficiencies on TenTec?
73 de Jack W4TJE