RE: [TenTec] Re: Orion cw rise/fall time setting

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Re: Orion cw rise/fall time setting
From: n1eu@netscape.net (Barry N1EU)
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 09:56:00 -0500
"Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net> wrote:

>I have no Orion, but read the online manual, and it says that when using
>an external keyer your slowest rise time selection available is 5ms. Is
>this true? If so, it defeats the the encouragement you posted?

No, it's not true.  I've always used an external keyer with 8-10msec rise time.
 Ideally, Ten-Tec should either update the documentation and wpm menu warning
or better yet, change the firmware so that "5msec" risetime is REALLY 5msec
without keyclicks.

73,
Barry N1EU

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.