Re: [TenTec] New Orion Firmware

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Orion Firmware
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:31:04 -0500
The Orion RF gain control now works by combining AGC threshold (which is
really DSP gain) with RF gain.  As you reduce the RF gain setting, AGC
threshold is increased.  When AGC threshold reaches its limit as the RF gain
control is further reduced, then the control begins reducing actual RF gain.
Also, as the RF gain control is reduced, the S meter minimum is brought up
to show the reduced sensitivity because of AGC threshold being increased.

The AGC threshold control in the AGC settings sets a limit on the lowest AGC
threshold the RF gain control can use.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC