Re: [TenTec] Your favorite TT rig? (for CW)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Your favorite TT rig? (for CW)
From: "John Gwin" <jtgwin@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 19:39:09 -0600
Argosy II, then Orion.

-W4SK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Notarius" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2004 5:52 PM

Sticking specifically to rigs I've actually spent some time in front of,

Although I'm tempted to say the Orion and/or the Argonaut V (thanks to
W3WH's generosity in letting me play with his two rigs several times over
the two years or so), I still have a strong preference to the original
Corsair, with narrow filters installed, for QSK and weak signal CW work.
I've heard from a lot of people that the Corsair II was at least as good if
not better, but I have no direct hands-on experience with that rig.

Haven't had enough time in the saddle on the various Omni's to hold an
opinion.

73

----- Original Message ----- From: <Able2fly@aol.com>