RE: [TenTec] Re: New Orion Update

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Re: New Orion Update
From: "George Skoubis" <george.skoubis@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:31:31 -0600
Hi,

  My 2 cents worth...  When I'm not contesting I just leave the 2.4 khz
filter on in manual mode when operating phone and the 600 hz 352 (in the
1000 hz position) on in CW.  Then I rotate the bandwidth knob and use
the DSP filters.

  Unless there is a weak dx station right next to a really loud signal
this suffices for 99% of the signals I work (again unless it's a contest
weekend).

  I'm happy with this firmware so far.  I like the RFGAIN change and the
QSK seems better as well.

73 de George / KF9YR