RE: [TenTec] WTB: Orion with AT

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] WTB: Orion with AT
From: "Chuck (Jack) Hawley" <c-hawley@uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 08:13:32 -0600
Along these lines of buying a used Orion...
Were there any modifications other than downloadable software changes since
the Orion first shipped?
I keep wanting to buy one...new mostly...and then someone posts a comment
about the volume pot or something has a dead spot...or the screen hangs up.
Then I start looking harder at the Pro III. The trouble is that I have had
the most fun with the Omni VI+ since I have had to fix a couple of things
(lightning or something broke the swr bridge and a surface mount opamp),
install Inrad filters, and set the frequency trimmers on the bfo's, ref osc,
and band osc's several times. I think it is almost perfect now. One thing is
that I lose one of the 160M band registers sometimes and have to reset to
get it back...loosing the memories I wish to keep.
Anyway...what to do...Orion or Icom...Orion or Icom...Harley or dinette
set...
Chuck, KE9UW