[TenTec] Triton 4 Question

To: "TenTec Users" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Triton 4 Question
From: "Pete Juliano" <jessystems@cablespeed.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:55:52 -0800
Hi Ten Tec Users,

Just so every once in a while there can be subjects covered other than whether
the Orion can hear a mouse belch on the moon, I have a question regarding the
Triton IV Model 544.

I recently acquired a VFO out of a Triton IV and am thinking about making my
own remote VFO for my Triton IV (model 544). My intention is to add a "huff and
puff" stabilizer circuit with digital display to the remote VFO and of course
to work the problem of grounding the PTO shaft to prevent frequency shift on
the VFO. For those not familiar with huff and puff stabilizers you can see
reference material at  http://homepage.tinet.ie/~ei9gq/stab.html

So the question is --Has any one out there who still is using an analog radio
tackled anything like this and problems that you might have encountered.

Thanks in advance.

Pete W6JFR