RE: [TenTec] Noise

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Noise
From: "ron" <roncasa@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:29:34 -0500
If it has such, the noise is coming from the stupid wall wart. The internal
switching supply is "dirty". My son installed dc control lamps in the
kitchen upstairs and drove me batty listening to that noise! I was able to
swap out the "wall wart" with another one and the noise was gone.

I got hundreds of stories related to noise in my home/neighborhood (heh heh)
BTW: some radio shack products are notorious for that.
Ron
Wb1hga

Buck,
I have several X-10 and Rat Shack equivalent controllers on our Christmas
lights.  I have found that when active, I have S5 to S10 dB noise on al
bands from 160-15 meters.  This is a raw buzz and seems to vary only
slightly with time.  Turning them off kill the noise.  I look forward to
Jan. 1 !!!!!
73,
Frank, K4VMO