[TenTec] Fw: [ic756pro3] new pro3-, bad out of the box

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: [ic756pro3] new pro3-, bad out of the box
From: "John" <brazos@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 07:32:11 -0500
From: lj38spcl
To: ic756pro3@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 6:48 AM
Subject: [ic756pro3] new pro3-, bad out of the box

Just received a brand new pro3 yesterday.The tuning dial did absolutely
nothing,so I called Icom.They said it was a known factory defect.So it
is going back to AES for another one.Not a  nice scenario.
Seems like it is a great radio otherwise.I have had all three of the
756 line so far and have been very pleased,but with this one seems
like they dropped the ball on  quality control.

I have one other issue:The built in rtty transmitter and decoder is a
nice feature but,how do you transmit the other stations call sign?Does
any one know?Every thing is preset xmit memories.
Anyway hope you guys have better luck than I did.I am going to AES in
Orlando (a 4 hr round trip) personally to make sure I get a good one.

73 and thanks for reading

Larry,K4EB  Jacksonville,FL

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor