RE: [TenTec] Titan II Amp Model 416 Questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Titan II Amp Model 416 Questions
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 00:00:00 -0800
Take good care of that tube, Ed.  You probably won't be able to find a
replacement, other than at a flea market.  They are no longer being built.
I had some guys check all the sources directly in Russia and we could not
even find any there.

If I had the amp and wanted to keep it forever, I would start searching for
a replacement tube right now because the longer we wait, the less the chance
will be of finding one for a reasonable price.

Also, the replacement T/R relay is very expensive.  Although it runs a nice
smooth QSK, the less you run it in QSK mode, the longer it will last.  So
add some "QSK Delay" to extend the relay dropout time (there's an adjustment
on the Omnis for this).  It works similar to VOX Delay.  This will increase
the longevity of the realay.

73
Rick