Re: [TenTec] Scout 555 Question, no 2Mhz PTO signal

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scout 555 Question, no 2Mhz PTO signal
From: "Ben K8DIT" <benk8dit@callatg.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:59:55 -0800
Stuart,

Thanks for the info. The problem is that all the modules wont play. I
cleaned the contacts and recheccked voltages, it is the PTO oscillator that
is not outputting. There is a 500khz range for this but using an HP Spectrum
analyser and confirming it with a communications monitor using an rf
sniffer, no 2mhz sig. I Found the other mixing sigs where they should be. So
there is something going on with the PTO oscillator. I could not access the
physical board and coil on my first try and decided to call for help. Today
I spoke with Don who told me how to get to that board and will follow up
diagnosing the problem. Ill post any interesting results here for your
amusement and edification. Ben K8DIT