Re: [TenTec] Which autotuner????

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Which autotuner????
From: "NZ8J" <nz8j@woh.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:56:45 -0500
Tom,
I have used several auto tuners from LDG and found them to be good tuners,
but much to my amazement, the new MFJ 993 autotuner has so far exceeded the
performance of the LDG tuners in the particular situation I am using it in.
I have a 135' dipole fed with 450 ohm ladder line and a Radio Works 4:1
current balun at the shack end. The MFJ will tune it on all bands 160-10
meters with no problem, the LDG had some issues on a few bands... Just my
experience, thought I would pass it on since you asked..
73 and Happy Holidays
Tim
NZ8J