Re: [TenTec] Which autotuner????

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Which autotuner????
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:58:59 -0500
I use an LDG Z100 with my Paragon. The problem with these small autotuners
is that the Ten Tec radios do not fold back the power at high SWR levels and
can exceed the capability of the tuner until a match is achieved. I spoke to
someone at LDG right after getting mine and he suggested turning the power
down to 50w or less during tuning. Not a problem, just a small
inconvenience. I turn the RF Power 1/2 way back and hit the tune button,
then crank it back up when the green light comes on.

=Vic=
WA4THR

> I've had good luck using the now discontinued LDG AT-11MP with my
. Pegasus, Orion and Omni VI.  The only problem I found was that you need