[TenTec] Re: More PRO III/Omni VI pix

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: More PRO III/Omni VI pix
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 09:15:17 -0500
To answer the SSB question. Here is a picture of both rigs listening to band noise on 80 meters without the NR turned on and with the bandwidth at 1.8 khz.
Notice how the Omni VI's pattern is elevated off the bottom of the chart. This demonstrates the lack of low frequency response of the TenTec filters.
Note the noise spikes kick up to about 3.5 khz on the Omni but nearly 4.5 khz on the PRO.
The main thing to note here is the density of the noise. The PRO's pattern is almost solid blue while the Omni's is much less intense. Also look at the top pattern. The PRO III's signal is significantly more intense.
Obviously, the Omni VI is going to be much easier on the ears under these conditions. Those big noise spikes come out sounding like clicks on the PRO but are hardly noticeable on the Omni.
Keep in mind....My PRO III is being checked out. It could be defective. The jury is still out on this one.
http://www.webham.com/ssb.jpg

Steve N4LQ
----- Original Message ----- From: <KD7EFQ@aol.com>