Re: [TenTec] Can I safely use my 961PS on my Omni-VI+ till 962isrepaired

To: kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Can I safely use my 961PS on my Omni-VI+ till 962isrepaired?
From: "Jim Weisz" <k2np@lycos.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 11:32:39 -0500
Hi Jerry..
  I had recently asked a similar question on the reflector , since I have just
bought a
really nice Paragon, and also have both 961 and 962 supplies.. The answer I got
from everyone is that the two supplies are interchangable, the only difference
being that the power transformer installed in the 961 is a more "heavy duty"
version, than the one in the 962.. I have used both power supplies on the
Paragon with identical results, and no problems at all..
  One thing that I did notice however with both supplies, is that really is
imperative that a good solid ground braid connection be made from the rig to
the power supply as Ten Tec recommends.. I had some odd ground loop problems
until a proper ground was made.. (wire is really not quite good enought, it
should be ground braid...   73, Jim K2NP