RE: [TenTec] Ten Tec and Years End Thoughts

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Ten Tec and Years End Thoughts
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 22:39:57 -0600
> However it is also quite true that 96% of the hams on this
> reflector take great pride in responses like those from W1GOR
> and W4SK, while there are only 4% of us who at least, try to
> help someone asking for help.

Why can't you just give it a break.  Maybe that would be the perfect New
Year's resolution for everyone, including the courageous 4% or whatever you
like to think of the cogniscenti as.  The 96% you refer to are not just low
IQ numnuts stroking their Orion's cabinets nor otherwise totally insensitive
and thoughtless.

But at least we have the 4% to lead us to rightousness (albeit with a bit of
hypocracy thrown in for good measure).  It does no good in many cases to try
and be helpful any more... Those with issues ignore the help and suggestions
and turn around and  blast the poor idiot who might have suggested something
because "I'm perfect, and it's not my fault .. EVER, and your not a CW op,
and you don't run contests, and you couldn't understand MY reality ..." and
on and on.  There was a time ... but it's gone.  A pretty cynical viewpoint,
but not far from reality.

I'm getting crotchety, too ... But it's expected at my age ... :-)

Grant/NQ5T
Geezer