Re: [TenTec] Computer control of Paragon with Giehl Chip

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Computer control of Paragon with Giehl Chip
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:06:17 -0800
Vic:

Even though I haven't found an RS-232 board yet, I am looking. So I would greatly appreciate seeing your code. I am looking forward to the day that my Paragon can talk to my logging program and DX spotter.

73,
Jerald, KG6TT

Vic Klein wrote:

After finally finding an RS-232 board for my 585 Paragon with a Giehl
upgrade, I set out to modify the original BASIC program that allows computer
control of the radio. After some fiddling for the several differences in
this chip vs. the original Ten Tec ROM, it is up and running well (at least
as far as I have tested). I am using a late model 585 with a Giehl 6.0 ROM,
so that is all I can say for sure it works on, but it allows memory read and
store, frequency and mode control, etc. as the original did. The interface
is no more glamorous than the original program (not very), and I may work on
that later. The first job was to get everything working, of course.

I have the source program and a compiled, ready-to-run .exe version
available if anyone else needs it. Just drop me an email.

=Vic=
WA4THR