Re: [TenTec] Argo 516 question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argo 516 question
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:12:11 -0800
nz7c@cox.net wrote:

I'm sure I am way behind the times on this, but apparently Ten Tec has
indicated it will no longer strive to improve software on the Argo 516? Is the
thought that the software has reached its peak and works quite well or has Ten
Tec indicated that they may phase out the Argo? Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks.
73/NZ7C

Hmmm, well that is the same info I received when I questioned them regarding Firmware upgrades to the Jupiter and the RX-350. Frankly I don't consider either design refined enough but evidently Ten-Tec Sales does and decisions like these are generally sales driven. I traded away my Jupiter for the more functionally evolved Omni-VI+ and I will probably trade/sale my RX-350 in the near future. I'm done with SDR for now. Maybe I'll try them again in another five years or so.

Jerald, KG6TT