Re: RE: [TenTec] Ten Tec and Years End Thoughts

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: RE: [TenTec] Ten Tec and Years End Thoughts
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:47:04 -0500
Well Rick, I have to disagree with you. You actually hear very few 'negatives' about the Orion. As with any new advance in technology, there is going to be some growing pains. This is the Ten Tec reflector and it is this 'closed' forum where can talk about our happiness and our unhappiness with different areas of difficulty, without going very public with the information. I have a couple of problems, others have different problems, but all-in-all the Orion is the best hardware design that I have ever used in some 53 years. I doubt seriously that anyone in their right mind would be unhappy enough to swap for a Collins rig. But I wish you luck in your endevor. The Omni 6 Plus is also an excellent radio, but to swap it plus an amp is not what one would call a 'good deal', of course that's only my opinion. The inflated prices of the Collins gear probably won't work here. But good luck anyway.

Tom - W4BQF

----- Original Message ----- From: <rrbunn@cox.net>