Re: [TenTec] Orion on AM

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion on AM
From: "Jim Miller WB5OXQ" <wb5oxq@grandecom.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:26:28 -0600
I run my TS-B2000 Kenwood on am driving the Centurion at about 375 watts of
carrier and unless I tell anyone they say they do not know it is not plate
modulated.  Actually it has better low frequency responce that some plate
rigs because the modulation transformers in some tube rigs to not lass low
frequencies very well.  I operate on 14.286 and 3.885.  I do not have a good
160 antenna right now. I had one but I burned out a coil running too much
power just tuning the amp.  I can't use my TT rig because it is an Omni 6+
so no am.  When I manage to get an Orion I am sure I will use it instead
because the Kenwood receiver is no where as good as the Omni and I am sure
the Orion will be even better.  PS  the am guys never mind that I am running
a rice burner because many of them do also but having an American built rig
on AM will be so cool!
WB5OXQ, Jim in Waco, Tx.