[TenTec] Acom/Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Acom/Orion
From: n1eu@netscape.net (Barry N1EU)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:22:04 -0500
I just wanted to share some anecdotal data on Orion/Acom compatibility.

For the past few months I've been using the Orion/Acom2000A combination in
qsk/keying loop mode with no problems whatsoever.  This evening, I suddenly
started seeing Arc Faults when attempting to transmit cw.  I realized that the
only change I made today to my setup was pulling my Dunestar 400-HPF filter out
of the line between Orion and Acom.  I went back and forth and every time the
Dunestar was inline, there was no problem transmitting and when I removed the
Dunestar, I had Arc Faults.  Perhaps this is why I've never before seen the
problems others have reported.  I'll leave it to the experts as to why the
Dunestar filter (used primarily to fight the strong BCB signals at my qth)
makes the Orion and Acom play together.

73,
Barry N1EU

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.