Re: [TenTec] Adding 2.8 filters in Omni VI opt 3

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Adding 2.8 filters in Omni VI opt 3
From: Jim Lowman <jmlowman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 19:11:53 -0800
Hi Harry,

I wasn't aware that there was a TCXO mod available for the Omni VI. Mind if I ask how much it cost, and what problem(s) that you experienced that prompted you to have the work done?

Thanks and 73 de Jim - AD6CW

Harry Coates wrote:

I have had the Inrad 2.8 filters in my Omni VI for several years, both IF's. I think they're great. Plus the audio mod.

I just got my Omni VI back from S-ville having the TCXO unit installed and a
realignment done. During that work I recieved an e-mail from Don at TT saying
they could not properly adjust the "carrier null" with the 2.8 filter in place,
(9Mhz IF I believe), that I would have to have a 2.4 filter installed. Since I also have
the Inrad 2.4 filters in both 2nd filter positions. Don just interchaged them and
finished the job.

Just a comment, for what it's worth.
'73,
Harry