Re: [TenTec] WTB: Omni 6+ (564); wide Inrad filters in N-1 or N-2slots

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] WTB: Omni 6+ (564); wide Inrad filters in N-1 or N-2slots
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:48:20 -0800
As the Omni-VI Plus 'cascades' (which is really a cool thing when you consider you get up to 16-poles of filtering at 9 MHz) the N-1 or N-2 filter behind the default 2.4 kHz 9 MHz filter putting the INRAD filters in the N-1 or N-2 position, instead of exchanging them with the 2.4 kHz filters will NOT give you greater receive bandwidth as you are still limited to the primary Ten-Tec 2.4 kHz roofing filter. Of course you do skate around the whole balanced carrier adjustment thing, but I still don't get it.

Jerald, KG6TT

n4lq wrote:

I'm curious why you would put the 2.8khz filter in the N2 slot? I assume you wanted to retain the stock 2.4khz transmit bandwidth while receiving at 2.8khz? Am I on track?
N4LQ