[TenTec] OMNIV DSP9 Question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMNIV DSP9 Question
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:03:51 EST
I have a Timewave DSP-9 that I have had inline with my Corsair II and has
worked fine.
However, when I hook it up to my OMNI V to it I can hear myself in the
external speaker as I transmit.
It is not RF.
It seems to have to do with the monitor function of the OMNI V.
If I hook the Corsair II to the second input of the external speaker I get
static when I transmit even with the OMNI V off.
The static can be heard on the air.
Seems something is interacting with the ground common to both rigs on the RCA
plugs.
If I pull the speaker connection from the OMNI V all is well again.
The OMNI V is the only radio that I own that this happens with.
Has anyone had this problem and does a fix exists?
Thanks in advance.
Dan/N4VET