Re: [TenTec] Airpax Fuses?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Airpax Fuses?
From: "J. W. (Dub) Thornton" <dub@oklahoma.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 08:27:09 -0600
Here's a few notes I have on the breakers: This was in 2K, but the info should be helpful, even if prices &
dealer may be outdated.

Dub

2/14/00 The circuit breakers for Ten Tec radios are becoming very hard to find. Wards
Marine Sales in Fla now only handles the slow acting breakers (per info from Ten Tec reflector) The breaker Ten Tec sold for years for their 100W radios was a T-11-0-18.0V
unit, which is only available as a special order item from MFR, with huge min order.
Poco Sales, Chattsworth, CA. Pho 818 700-8727 handles the ?FAST? acting breaker,
T-11-1-20.0A-01-11C-V for $8.67?? ea, with min order of $25.00. The number tells speed, amps, etc. T11=model #, -0=instant, -1=fast, -2=slow (I don?t have precise times relating to any, but saw the instant referred to as <100ms on Ten Tec Reflector). Also
info posted that Larry ??? from Ten Tec recommended getting the ?1 FAST unit, as he felt the ?0 INSTANT unit might trigger more readily than necessary. Also stated that
Ten Tec finals should withstand the 20 amps of current for the brief period of time as allowed by the FAST units. 10 amp units for Argosy & 5amp units for C-22 are available from AirPax (thru Poco Sales), however orders are taking about 2 months for dely at this time .