[TenTec] Orion reset

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion reset
From: John Thompson <jwt105@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 05:47:55 -0800 (PST)
I have had the Orion for 7 months.  Its receiver is
very immune to overload and adjacent channel
inteference.
My unit seems to mute on receive or transmit, more on
receive, every 2-5 hours during contest operation,
requiring master reset, which takes aroun 2.5 minutes
with user memory restore.  There were 7 resets for
CQWW SSB and CW each. This muting always occurs at the
maximum contest rate, and is disruptive.  I think this
is the "Achilles heel" for this rig.  It has been
suggested to do all keying from the front panel by Ten
Tec(disabling th on-board keyer), which does not help.
 The 1.372 firmware does not help.
Any comments?  Do I have a defective unit?
73,
John K3MD