Re: [TenTec] Orion reset

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion reset
From: John Sheeley <wb4qda@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:28:23 -0800 (PST)
Toby
I agree with you I am setting here listening on 20
meters to an s9+10 signal and a s4 signal   with the
RF gain set at 50% the noise is S3 and is just band
noise  . The noise blanker is off the antenna is a 3
element steppIR . There is just not much noise . My
Orion is a first production too . running 1.372. I run
my sweep most of the time with no lockups on Transmit
or receive in many months . I use the QSK position to
key my Titan III  mostly on  SSB and it works great .
I am  sorry to hear other have problems. But those of
us that don't need to say so too. Maybe were are just
lucky. HI HI   As you know I run the W5GI mystery
antenna  too for 40 & 75 meters and it is an amazing
atenna for it's size .as for why it works better ,Hey
thats the mystery part LOL . It is an easy antenna to
build and try . The specks and pictures can be found
at  http://www.w5gi.com/mysteryantenna.htm

Give the antenna a try .
73
WB4QDA John