Re: [TenTec] TCXO for OmniVI+

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TCXO for OmniVI+
From: "Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales" <sales@tentec.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:16:15 -0500
At 03:02 PM 1/20/05 -0800, you wrote:
Additionally, maybe the beginning serial number?
I bought my VI Plus/564 from a ham in GA; not sure
when he originally bought it.

Scott?

73 de Jim - AD6CW

Ah - specific production information is often something that I don't have, particularly for a piece of equipment that has been discontinued. Our service department may be aware of the answer to that question.

If the radio had an oven that needed replacing, it's possible that it had a retrofitted TCXO installed. They were only used the last year or so of Omni-VI Plus production, but we've been installing them as repair parts as needed since the same time - 2001.

Scott Robbins
W4PA

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4. Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs. Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>
Email: New product sales/product info sales@tentec.com
Service department service@tentec.com
While we make every effort to answer email in an expedient manner,
the telephone is a much more efficient tool for getting a quicker and
more complete answer to your inquiries. Thanks!