[TenTec] K5SF Orion Dongle

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] K5SF Orion Dongle
From: "Robert Carroll" <rlcarroll@patmedia.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:01:13 -0500
I just received an Orion dongle from Rich, K5SF.  It works very well, giving
access to all the signals at the Orion Aux I/O Port.  I had been edging up
to trying to make a cable which would provide all of the signals, especially
right channel audio and FSK input, and which would be totally shielded.
Based on my experiences with constructing cables using high pin count
connectors,  the prospect of constructing one similar to that provided by
TenTec but bringing out the rest of the signals in shields was not very
appealing.  If anyone needs access to all the signals and needs to be
careful about noise and RF intrusion, this device will save a lot of
frustration in cable construction.  I don't have any affiliation with Rich,
just wanted to give my feedback on the neat device he mentioned on this
reflector.

Bob W2WG