Re: [TenTec] Orion RF level tutorial needed

Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion RF level tutorial needed
From: Gary Tuck <garyltuck@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:00:34 -0800
I just loaded 1.372 again to see if my assessment of the tradeoffs have changed. I like the adjustable RF gain but am not fond of the delays you find on some functions nor the little audio glitches when adjusting AF, Cut or PBT. 1.371 seems to offer a more predictable and dependable experience.

Anyway, it appears that when the NR is engaged that the Threshold--as adjusted by the RF gain control--drops to some lower value and noise may come up. Is that right? Seems as if the NR function and Threshold adjustment of IF gain cannot be used at the same time.

tnx, Gary W7TEA